Can’t Work Without #4: Love
” Lover, lover, lover, lover..come back to me..” Leonard Cohen.
A Leonard Cohen quote, you may think, is not the best way to reflect upon the life of a freelancer – the life of a ‘Bird on a Wire’ – but perhaps the every-shifting lessons in love, preached by Mr Cohen, may give many freelancers a useful guide to working this freelance (love) life:-
- “Hallelujah” = Yes, yes, yes….. a new client, new work, it is just like falling in love!
- “I’m Your Man” = You have chosen me above all others, for that I am yours, together, forever!
- “Tonight Will Be Fine” = Ah, yes, this new rush of love is also a rush of deadlines, I’m coming!
- “If It Be Your Will” = Okay, can do what we didn’t agree to do, again, and make more changes that you don’t really want to pay for..
- “Here It Is” = Voila – impressed baby?
- “Is This What You Wanted” = Oh, more changes..
- “Never Any Good” = But you were happy… All I did was say what I was thinking!
- “Hey, That’s No Way To Say Goodbye” = You never email me, you never call me, you never paid me………..
Freelancing is a relationship thing and so requires respect, trust, and honesty, it ages and changes, but if it is worth it (above money) you all work at it.
For further information please contact Mike Bell:
call: +44 7970 646705 mail: email@example.com freelance experiential designer – freelance event designer – freelance exhibition designer